Home Palliative Care
What is palliative care at home?
With our Palliative@Home program, we hope to improve the quality of patients by reaching out to them, in their homes. Improving the quality of their live is indeed our main goal. At Starlight Palliative and Hospice Services, we believe that receiving care at one’s own home, around their loved ones is convenient, alleviates stress and is comfortable for both patients and their families.
We are able to bring the following palliative services to you at home:
- Medical review, including monitoring for common symptoms like pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation, and anxiety.
- Prescribing medications to ease the above symptoms
- Providing emotional and spiritual support.
- Home visit, automatically provides social interaction.
- Additional medical applications like treating wounds and other needs
- Depending on patient’s ability, physical therapy and other rehabilitation needs will be provided
- We also provide guidance on navigating the healthcare system and understanding patient’s individual needs and referral to relevant departments/ services will be made
If you’d like to learn more about what palliative care at-home is, how it can assist and what it entails, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
What are the benefits of receiving palliative care in the home?
Our Palliative@Home program have been designed with patients’ comfort as the heart and core of all our interventions:
- Ensure patients remain as comfortable as possible in their own familiar surroundings
- Maximum convenience -mutually agreeing on the best day which suits the patient and family, we come to your home to support you as per your needs
- The patient will receive assistance in regard to their medical, emotional and spiritual support needs
- As we review you at your home, this will make you avoid additional costs for hospital stays, medical fees, travel etc
Palliative care wherever you call home.
By home, we refer to any place you are residing in, it can be your own home, hospital during your acute disease spell or in case you live in a assisted living facility such as care home etc. Through our palliative care at home, we want to be accessible to those needing our services as we endeavour to make things as simple and comfortable for you during this challenging moment of your life.
To talk to someone about At-home palliative care, call our number or send a message. We are here to help.