CancerConnect is a cancer care program offered by Starlight Hospice & Palliative Care. It is designed to meet the disease management needs of patients on hospice for cancer. The care is individualized and based on each patient’s specific diagnosis.
Starlight has specialized staff trained to help these patients and their families deal with all aspects of end-of-life care. The CancerConnect program focuses on the challenges of managing a cancer diagnosis.
The goals of Starlight Hospice & Palliative Care’s cancer program.
The CancerConnect program is meant to enrich the lives of cancer patients on hospice care through:
- Comprehensive management of symptoms at home
- Increased patient and family understanding of the diagnosis, treatment and prognosis
- Improved quality of life in the setting of the patient’s choice
- Active collaboration with the patient’s physicians, including the oncologist
Our hospice services for cancer patients:
Our oncology hospice services are designed to provide comfort for the patient and their families:
- Aggressive symptom management for the wide range of cancer-related issues
- Physician and nurse practitioner staff available
- Trained staff specializing in the care of patients with cancer
- Three shifts of full-time Starlight staff to meet patient and family needs up to, and including, the time of death
- Interdisciplinary team support treating physical, emotional, and spiritual needs
- Collaboration between Starlight and the patient’s primary physician; collaboration with oncologist as needed
- Bereavement support offered by specialists trained in grief recovery
If you have additional questions about our palliative care services ,please contact us below: